First of all, what is Tv licensing? This is a trademark utilized by those companies that are contracted by BBC to facilitate the collection of TV license fees and at the same time, to enforce the tv licensing system. You might be wondering why you have to pay or acquire a tv license in the first place when in the old days, this is not the case really. Well, this is quite true though, however, with the advent of the internet and computers, the rules and regulations about this system get complicated and the end result is that you have to get a tv license or else you will be penalized by the government of course.
If you are having a hard time understanding the system, you can familiarize yourself about some of the most common questions below:
- Everyone who watches or records tv shows while they are being broadcast should get tv license. If you do not know where to start, you can call the tv licence contact number that is provided by different sites. They should be able to guide you right from the start until the end. It is important that you know and understand what you are really paying so that you also know some ways to obtain discounts or when you don’t have to pay the tv license.
- For you to be able to pay your tv license, you must first locate your tv license number. If you will pay by direct debit, you will find this number on your present tv license. This is a 10 digit number. You can also find this in your bank statements or any letters you receive from the designated agency.
- If you are going to pay in one go, you can find the tv license number still in your present tv license or in the mails you get from the agency.
- Right now, the cost of payment is just the same with the cost of payment since 2010. You can make payments in various ways such as yearly through direct debit or debit and credit card, quarterly which is most of the time through direct debit only, monthly and still through direct debit only and weekly which will be through payment card.
- If the license holder that is already over 75 years old dies, there is really no need to worry as anyone is still covered as long as the license is still valid. However, if by chance the license holder is alone and dies, then if you are a relative, you can tell the designated agency so that the free tv license will be cancelled. You can’t expect any refunds though as in the first place, the tv license is free.
For more questions, you can contact the designated agency in your area. You can find their contact number online for sure or you can also give the TV Licence Customer helpline a call at 0843 506 8873.
Author Bio: Mike Knowles is a tv license officer. He advices every tv user to really get a tv license if he does now want to face any complications.