Car insurance is one of the most popular forms of general insurance in India. Since it is a legal mandate to buy insurance for every car that moves on the roads of India, we find many plans being sold every day. However, the legal compulsion is not the only reason why people buy car insurance. There are some other very beneficial uses of car insurance too. Take a look at this article to know more about them.
What is covered in your insurance?
Let us begin by discussing what usually is covered in a car insurance plan:
- Third party cover: Car insurance is of two types, third party being the first type. Here, the damages sustained to a third party and the third party’s vehicle and property are covered. The insurance provider will pay out a claim to the third party on your behalf if there is an accident involving your car. Under a third party cover, the damages to your own vehicle are not covered.
- Legal cover: A third party plan also covers the legal expenses incurred if a third party takes you to court. The legal expenses can be very high and so you need a good car insurance protection to help you out if there is an emergency.
- Comprehensive cover: The next type of car insurance cover is the comprehensive cover. Here, all the risks of a third party policy are covered. Along with this, the damages to your own vehicle are covered too. Your vehicle is also covered from theft, fire and other such permanent damages.
- Personal accident cover: Most car insurance plans also have provisions for a personal accident cover where you get compensated for the medical expenses you incur after an accident. This makes it possible for you to get admitted to the best hospital and get the best possible treatment post a traumatic road mishap.
These are the basic covers offered by the Indian car insurance policies. You can get many add-on covers at extra costs in the form of riders. Do compare the options and check what riders are available when buying your motor insurance plan.
Where to find the best car insurance?
As we saw, car insurance covers some very important risks. As a result, you need a car insurance plan most definitely. You need to find the best possible car insurance plan to ensure you have the maximum coverage. It is a good idea to buy your plan online. There are many logical reasons that tell us that the best car insurance plans are found online. They are:
- Affordable: One of the biggest reasons to buy car insurance online is the price factor. The plans available online are considerably cheaper than the plans available offline. There is no brokerage amount, and the processing and administrative fees are lower too. This makes the overall pricing of the online plans more affordable.
- Easy to compare: when you buy a car insurance plan online on websites like Coverfox.com, you can compare your options very easily. And since comparing makes your purchase more worthwhile, it is very crucial to complete this step.
- Unbiased: Unfortunately, at times the insurance agents try to sell you car insurance plans for their own commission benefit, even if the plan doesn’t suit you. When you buy your plan online, you can make an unbiased selection and choose the perfect plan that best fits for your car. This is one of the biggest advantages of buying car insurance online.
- Quick and convenient: The convenience that you get when purchasing your plan online makes the internet the ideal place to get car insurance. You can instantly buy the car policy at any time of the day or night. It is a simple, fast and hassle-free process.
In conclusion, it can safely be said that car insurance is one of the blessings of modern day life! It allows you to drive your beloved vehicle in a safe and secured manner. You also get to be a responsible citizen and stay on the right side of the law when you drive a car that has been properly insured. So without any further delay, go online and buy a good car insurance plan keep your vehicle insured at all times.