From medical facilities and hotel resorts to educational institutions, eateries, coffee bars, and catering firms, a seemingly infinite number of present-day businesses rely on fresh linens and textiles on a daily basis. But if you happen to be in one of these niche industries, it’s important to note that you face a distinct fork in the road with regard to how you procure, sanitise, stock, and maintain your assortment of hand towels, tablecloths, coverlets, and any other integral in-house fabrics.
You can either partner with a reputable commercial laundry service or establish an On Property Laundry (OPL) department.
This brief guide will highlight the salient magnitudes and consequences associated with each course of action to help you determine what’s best for your unique business.
Taking a Look at the OPL Dynamic
If you had any doubts about the exorbitant expenses and time-consuming requirements that are concomitant with an On Property Laundry division, take a look at the striking facts and figures shown below:
- Water Waste: Due to the fact that it takes approximately eleven litres of water to clean just half a kilogram of laundry, the typical eatery or tavern goes through about 15,000 litres of water per day, which is a massive overhead expense that can bust any firm’s bottom line.
- Energy Waste: The energy required to power industrial-strength laundry machines isn’t metered separately from your other utility usage, which makes it wildly difficult to ascertain exactly how much gas, electricity, and fuel is being used to operate your OPL.
- Maintenance and Upkeep: Contracting repairs, component replacements, and system upgrades is not only time-consuming and tedious; it’s also borderline extortionate due to the complexity and intricacy of today’s industrial laundry implements. To boot, you’ll also have to account for inflated depreciation schedules, amortisation expenditures, and, of course, maintaining an adequate collection of in-house linens.
The Benefits of Outsourcing Your Laundry Needs
As you can see by now, establishing an OPL can be compared to running two separate companies at the same time: a dedicated laundry subdivision in addition to your core business.
Thus, if you’d like to circumvent this gargantuan drain on your bottom line and finally rid yourself of this cumbersome responsibility, it’s time to reach out to a reputable commercial laundry organisation in your area.
With this notion in mind, let’s take a look at exactly what you stand to gain if you contact Johnsons Stalbridge Linen (one of the more reputable linen services in the UK):
- Select Exactly What You Need: Regardless of your specific sector or niche, you’ll gain immediate access to an awe-inspiring assortment of textiles ranging from personalised chef’s coats and waiter’s cloths to plush robes, opulent napkins, sophisticated tablecloths, and stylish towels, just to name a few.
- On-Demand Deliveries: The most distinguished commercial laundry firms tend to feature a widespread network of delivery trucks and washing facilities to ensure the timely conveyance of all linens to a multitude of boroughs and townships.
- Value-Added Bonuses: You’ll also gain access to a dedicated customer liaison, on-demand stock replacements, and a much more environmentally friendly approach to cleaning linens in today’s day and age. Best of all, you’ll be able to charter these services without any long-term agreements or locked-in contracts, which will allow you to maintain operational flexibility on an ongoing
Saving time, money, and precious resources just got a whole lot easier and much less expensive.